Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Differences in the World

When I came to the UK I knew things would be different but I wasn't sure how different things would be. So far I've seen lots of different things during the last few things. I've noticed that there are a lot of different races and cultures all over the city but I haven't noticed a single bit of prejudice or racism at all. The United States is supposed to be a melting pot but I think London is doing a much better job. There a simpler things I've noticed though, like there are no paper towels anywhere. Everywhere has hand dryers which saves paper but I think uses a little more energy anyways. I've also found it very odd that everywhere is extremely packed but nobody talks to each other or even makes eye contact, that might not be different from the US but is is very different from Nebraska. One of the last thing I've noticed is that when buying a drink with dinner or something nobody gets carded. In the US everyone gets carded if they look under 45 or something. I wonder if they have less of an alcohol problem in the UK because the drinking age us much younger and kids don't really have to sneak around to drink it. Although there are quit a few difference I really enjoy most of them but sometimes I really want to dry my hands on a paper towel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment